PDR Dents Hail Repair - PleasantonTexas
Pleasanton is a city in Atascosa County, Texas, United States. The population was 8,934 at the 2010 census. Pleasanton's official motto is "The City of Live Oaks and Friendly Folks." Wikipedia
The Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce was organized in 1951 to fulfill the unmet needs of a growing and prospering community. At that time it was named the "Pleasanton and North Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce", because the twin communities consolidated. As one report of the times stated: "Numerous instances were coming to the attention of the businessmen here of enterprises being lost through misunderstandings on the part of new people. New residents were sidetracked to other communities by unfair criticism of this community. Revenues that should accrue to Pleasanton or North Pleasanton by reason of their source were being diverted to other areas." So the need being acute, organizers called a special meeting of those concerned citizens at the "old rotary room" on February 8, 1951. As a result, the Chamber of Commerce came into being. Since then, the Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce has worked diligently to promote business and economic welfare in the area. The various events sponsored by the Chamber bring in capital that is used for the endeavors of the Chamber, scholarships for local students and general promotion of it's members.
Famous for our "Live Oaks and Friendly Folks", Pleasanton, Texas is one of the most beautiful sights in South Texas. Pleasanton is in Atascosa County and conveniently located on U.S. Highway 281, 30 miles south of San Antonio. The city has a comfortable annual average temperature of 70 degrees and the annual rainfall totals 26 inches. The city has a population of 8,266. Pleasanton History Situated at the juncture of the Atascosa River and Bonita Creek, Pleasanton was founded in 1858 and named the county seat of Atascosa County. It was established because the former county seat at Amphion moved due to conflicts with the Indians. The settlers chose the current town site because of its location at the mouth of Bonita Creek. John Bowen San Antonio’s first Anglo-American postmaster, founded and named the town of Pleasanton after his good friend and fellow early Texas Settler John Pleasants. Also known as the "Birthplace of the Cowboy", Pleasanton had a growing population of cowboys around the 19th century primarily to ward off attacks from the Indians. The county seat was moved from Pleasanton to Jourdanton, Texas in 1910. Pleasanton was incorporated in 1917.